Tuesday 9 September 2014

Post #14 Testing cutout animation on Photoshop


Here I have begun detailing what my characters might look like in the cutout animation. I have copied the arms and hands for each side, however the each pairs of legs have been photographed separately. The outcome didn't look as good as I expected as it was difficult to photograph myself walking. I believe I will change the legs so that I only use one pair (like the arms).

I have chosen to make the head bigger to look cartoon like as I believe it looks more interesting to look at. As a technique to engage my audience, I have left the dress coloured to stand out from the body. 

The girl's walk doesn't look as natural as intended, so I may need to study on how a person walks.









Here I began cutting out my heads that I photographed myself.


Like the Youtube tutorial, I put a green background behind the subject so that I could cut the edges out smoothly.


I changed the photo to black and white here. I also watched a tutorial to make a cartoon BIG head by using the dodge and burn tool. I believe I put too much dodge and burn on this face, as the exposure was on 22%.


I have made eight different cutout heads for the animation. In the animation, I will make the same head move up and down so that I don't have to use a different expression 500 times.


Here I have assembled the body, playing with brightness/contrast and angles.




I played with different legs so that I can master the walk. 



 I have sourced this image from "Phantomcoconuts's Blog. It shows each step to a person's walk. I find this very useful for my animation as I need to make her walk look real.



No comments:

Post a Comment