Thursday 9 October 2014

Post #20 Music



Music is a very important tool that adds emotional impact and enhances the mood of the film. For my video, I would like an upbeat, cheery song to pair with the cheery theme of the video.

I am considering these three upbeat songs by Nonono, Grouplove and Colbie Calliat.








Personally, I prefer the song Pumpin Blood by Nonono, as it includes whistling (for when my character is walking through the street), and a fast beat that matches my video.  

The lyrics of the song pair greatly with my theme. The first verse of the song:

Hey heart on the road again
Moving on... forward
See the stars, won't break the bones
They're in the car... on the highway
It's so magical feeling, that no one's got a hold 
Your heart can list the all, happiness you know

"Heart on the road again", "Moving on… forward" and "They're in the car.. on the highway" all have meaning for traveling and following your heart. As my video is about traveling through countries and following your dreams, the song makes perfect sense.

The chorus:

This is your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
It's your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
And the whole wide world is whistling

"This is your heart, it's alive. It's pumping blood", doesn't have too much meaning in the song. However the song's beat and the music's climaxes make it extremely addictive to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment